Enjoy 10 free webcasts with MTA free online learning trial
Welcome to MTA's eLearning Library! We are delighted that you are interested in taking advantage of this special offer for free access to ten of our "Essentials" webcasts, available from May 1 through June 30.
Access for all elected officials and township managers/superintendents and deputies (of MTA-member townships) has already been granted (see instructions below). To add other users from your township, including appointed board and commission members, or even volunteers, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that each email address may only be affiliated with one user account. Unique email addresses must be provided for each individual who wishes to access the free trial content.
This free trial includes just a small amount of the more than 115 hours of online content already available in MTA's catalog of online learning (with more to come in the months ahead!), and every course is specifically designed for township officials and staff. Look for more details in your May dues statement on how to renew (or upgrade!) to a township-level subscription, allowing access to a wider variety of topics and training for everyone at your township.
Here's how to get started with your free trial access:
- Go to https://mta.elevate.commpartners.com and enter your email address and password to login. If this is your first time using this site, use the generic password "MichiganTwps53" (then update your password on the "Profile" tab.)
- Navigate to your "Dashboard" then click on the "Essentials Free Trial for Townships" to see available webcasts.
- Select the webcast you wish to view, then click "Activate".
- To get started right away, use the "View On-Demand Recording" button. (Handouts and other materials can be found on the "Handouts" tab.)
Additional instructions and details were provided in your welcome email on April 30. See below for descriptions of each webcast included in your free trial package.
- Before you view your webcasts, we recommend you run a system test on the computer you will use to play the webcast. To run the test, click here.
- The Chrome and Safari browsers do not support playback for these webcasts; please use an up-to-date version of Internet Explorer, Edge or Mozilla Firefox for best results.
- Firefox may also require you to "allow" video and audio to play before you will be able to view; for additional support click here.
- Visit our Getting Started page for more helpful tips, or see more commonly asked questions on our FAQs page.
We hope you take advantage of this opportunity to gain knowledge and learn new ways to serve your community. Watch for details on your May dues statement about how you can extend this learning opportunity to everyone in your township -- with year-round access!
The MTA Knowledge Center Team
Questions? Email email@example.com or call (517) 321-6467.
Building a Better Budget - Advanced (4-part series)Contains 4 Component(s)
This four-part webcast on building a better budget will show you how to prepare and administer the township budget. Segments one and two cover the principles of budgeting, then segments three and four offer an advanced approach to creating a budget.
Building a Better Budget - Basic (4-part series)Contains 4 Component(s)
This four-part webcast on the basics of budgeting will show you how to prepare and administer the township budget. Segments one and two cover the principles of budgeting, then segments three and four offer a beginners guide to creating a budget.
Effectively Exercising Board Authority (2-part series)Contains 2 Component(s)
This two-part webinar will teach you the essential functions and authorities of a township board, differences from the private sector, as well as the basics of governing.
Who Gets Paid What... and How?Contains 1 Component(s)
Take charge of your payroll! Gain insight into the payroll process and learn to pay your fellow officials, and employees, properly. This eye-opening session will include a review of federal and state labor, wage and hour laws.